Compilation Problem with licenses.licx file
07-03-2015, 09:55 AM
Compilation Problem with licenses.licx file
We want to use the SvgViewbox in our application. This works fine on our developer PCs with team version. Now we are on the way to build a setup for the customer and I tried to include the licensed verion in it.

The file "licenses.licx" is in root project folder with the following content:
Code:
Ab2d.Licensing.ReaderSvg.LicenseHelper.EmbeddedLicenseAssembly

I tried also with full qualified name:
Code:
Ab2d.Licensing.ReaderSvg.LicenseHelper.EmbeddedLicenseAssembly , Ab2d.ReaderSvg, Version=6.1.5560.1040, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d45c8e156fba2841

And with the licenses.licx file in Properties folder.

All results in LC.exe Code 1 error during compilation. What is wrong?

With best regards
Eugen Richter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2015, 08:07 PM
RE: Compilation Problem with licenses.licx file
You need to install the Ab2d.ReaderSvg on the computer where you compile the dlls for the installer. Note that if this computer is not a development machine and is used only as build server, the license that is installed does not count in the number of needed developer licenses.

If this will not help, please check a step by step Troubleshooting guide that you can read from the "Using commercial version.chm" help file - it is installed to the same folder as Ab2d.ReaderSvg library.

Andrej Benedik
07-06-2015, 07:23 AM
(07-03-2015 08:07 PM)abenedik Wrote:  You need to install the Ab2d.ReaderSvg on the computer where you compile the dlls for the installer. Note that if this computer is not a development machine and is used only as build server, the license that is installed does not count in the number of needed developer licenses.

If this will not help, please check a step by step Troubleshooting guide that you can read from the "Using commercial version.chm" help file - it is installed to the same folder as Ab2d.ReaderSvg library.

I folowed the troubleshooting documentation without success. The licenced version is installed on my PC. The trial version is uninstalled. The example application is attached. With this I get LC.exe Code 1 error on building.

I can not attach the file to the post, so I placed them on my webspace (http://webducer.de/files/temp/SvgViewer.zip).
07-08-2015, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 11:01 AM by abenedik.)
I have found the cause of the problem.

The content of the license.licx file for Ab2d.ReaderSvg should be:

Code:
Ab2d.ReaderSvg, Ab2d.ReaderSvg

and not:

Code:

I was curious where did you find that text and found out that the "Using commercial version.chm" help file have a big error because in the "Troubleshooting" section the table under the 3rd point that should define the content of license.licx file is defining where the EmbeddedLicenseAssembly class is located and not the content of license.licx file.

The correct table for license.licx file is defined in root section ("Using commercial version") and it should be the following (here with simplified formatting because of forum - bold text is library name and the text on the right is the content of license.licx file):

Ab3d.Reader3ds: Ab3d.Reader3ds, Ab3d.Reader3ds
Ab3d.PowerToys: Ab3d.Common.PowerToys.LicenseInstaller, Ab3d.PowerToys
Ab2d.ReaderSvg: Ab2d.ReaderSvg, Ab2d.ReaderSvg
Ab2d.ReaderWmf: Ab2d.ReaderWmf, Ab2d.ReaderWmf
Ab2d.Controls.ZoomPanel: Ab2d.Controls.ZoomPanel, Ab2d.Controls.ZoomPanel

So, for Ab2d.ReaderSvg the content should be: Ab2d.ReaderSvg, Ab2d.ReaderSvg

You can also copy the license.licx file from the bin folder under the installation folder.

I am really sorry for the problems you had because of the wrong content of the help file.

I am also sorry that I did not reply to you sooner - I am on vacation so my time behind computer is very limited.

Andrej Benedik
07-08-2015, 12:56 PM
(07-08-2015 10:59 AM)abenedik Wrote:  I have found the cause of the problem.

The content of the license.licx file for Ab2d.ReaderSvg should be:

Code:
Ab2d.ReaderSvg, Ab2d.ReaderSvg

and not:

Code:

I was curious where did you find that text and found out that the "Using commercial version.chm" help file have a big error because in the "Troubleshooting" section the table under the 3rd point that should define the content of license.licx file is defining where the EmbeddedLicenseAssembly class is located and not the content of license.licx file.

The correct table for license.licx file is defined in root section ("Using commercial version") and it should be the following (here with simplified formatting because of forum - bold text is library name and the text on the right is the content of license.licx file):

Ab3d.Reader3ds: Ab3d.Reader3ds, Ab3d.Reader3ds
Ab3d.PowerToys: Ab3d.Common.PowerToys.LicenseInstaller, Ab3d.PowerToys
Ab2d.ReaderSvg: Ab2d.ReaderSvg, Ab2d.ReaderSvg
Ab2d.ReaderWmf: Ab2d.ReaderWmf, Ab2d.ReaderWmf
Ab2d.Controls.ZoomPanel: Ab2d.Controls.ZoomPanel, Ab2d.Controls.ZoomPanel

So, for Ab2d.ReaderSvg the content should be: Ab2d.ReaderSvg, Ab2d.ReaderSvg

You can also copy the license.licx file from the bin folder under the installation folder.

I am really sorry for the problems you had because of the wrong content of the help file.

I am also sorry that I did not reply to you sooner - I am on vacation so my time behind computer is very limited.

Thanks.

It works great.

I wish you a stresless vacations!