AB4D Forum

Full Version: Hollow cylinder and hollow cone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to be able to draw a hollow cylinder, like a ring with an outside and inside diameter that is extruded to a particular height. Also on my want list is to be able to draw a truncated cone that has lower and upper outside and inside diameters. It doesn't appear that these are supported drawing types.

Is it possible to do this by drawing a cylinder and then subtracting a separate cylinder from it? And if so, is this also possible with cones?
If you need to specify inner and outer radius then you can use ConeVisual3D - see then samples that come with Ab3d.PowerToys.

I do not understand what did you mean by "a truncated cone that has lower and upper outside and inside diameters". Could you please explain that in more details and maybe provide a shema or something to make this more clear.
By truncated, I mean that the cone does not go all the way to the point. Here is a SketchUp drawing of what I'm trying to create. It is like a styrofoam cup that has a specified wall thickness.
I have added a new ConeTubeVisual3D that is a 3D Tube with different top and bottom radius.

It is also possible to create it with a new constructor of TubeMesh3D that takes different outer and inner radius values for top and bottom of the tube.

[attachment=38]

This will be available in the next version of Ab3d.PowerToys that will be released in the next week.