AB4D Forum

Full Version: PowerToys for ASP.net?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using PowerToys for a WPF app for several years now, but I have to migrate this app to ASP.net. Is there a PowerToys for ASP.net in the works? If not, what options do I have to do 3D graphics in a ASP.net solution?
I have already started gathering ideas and testing possible solutions to provide my own solution for 3D graphics that would work for mobile and possibly also for the web. But this is still to far from the final solution.

To show 3D graphics on the web you will need to use JavaScript and WebGL - I would recommend using three.js library. I know that using JavaScript can be a nightmare for .Net developer, but currently I think that there is no other way around that.
(05-06-2017, 09:56 PM)abenedik Wrote: [ -> ]I have already started gathering ideas and testing possible solutions to provide my own solution for 3D graphics that would work for mobile and possibly also for the web. But this is still to far from the final solution.

To show 3D graphics on the web you will need to use JavaScript and WebGL - I would recommend using three.js library. I know that using JavaScript can be a nightmare for .Net developer, but currently I think that there is no other way around that.

Thanks for the reply, I've researched this a little more and it looks like the most accessible solution seems to be using Unity and using their option to publish to WebGL. I'll give that a try for now.