AB4D Forum

Full Version: ModelrotatorVisual3D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I'm using a modelrotator with a standardTransform3D to rotate objects.
I follow the example ducks lake but i can't find where is defined the rotation center!!

Somebody can help me?
StandardTransform3D always rotates around (0,0,0). 

This means that to rotate (and scale) your model correctly, the model (its mesh) needs to be defined in such a way that the center of the model (mesh) is at (0,0,0).

If you put a breakpoint to a line after the _duckModel3D is loaded and when the breakpoint is hit open the Immediate window. There write the following:

_duckModel3D.Dump()

and you will get the details about the model - for example (here is only the first part):

Code:
Bounds: X:       -0.16  Y:        0.00  Z:       -0.11
       SizeX:    0.32  SizeY:    0.30  SizeZ:    0.22
Center: X:        0.00  Y:        0.15  Z:        0.00

So the center of the duck is at (0, 0.15, 0) - ok when rotating around vertical axis (0,1,0).

Note that if you have a more complicated hierarchy of objects, you can also use _duckModel3D.DumpHierarchy()
(03-25-2020, 03:02 PM)abenedik Wrote: [ -> ]StandardTransform3D always rotates around (0,0,0). 

This means that to rotate (and scale) your model correctly, the model (its mesh) needs to be defined in such a way that the center of the model (mesh) is at (0,0,0).

If you put a breakpoint to a line after the _duckModel3D is loaded and when the breakpoint is hit open the Immediate window. There write the following:

_duckModel3D.Dump()

and you will get the details about the model - for example (here is only the first part):

Code:
Bounds: X:       -0.16  Y:        0.00  Z:       -0.11
       SizeX:    0.32  SizeY:    0.30  SizeZ:    0.22
Center: X:        0.00  Y:        0.15  Z:        0.00

So the center of the duck is at (0, 0.15, 0) - ok when rotating around vertical axis (0,1,0).

Note that if you have a more complicated hierarchy of objects, you can also use _duckModel3D.DumpHierarchy()

I'm not sure that i understand it correctly. But i don't need to rotate the obj using his center but i need to rotate it using a fixed point on the view. Is it possible?
Maybe using a RotateTransform3D?
Thanks! Solved using RotateTransform3D