Feature is only available in the Pro Version
Information 
Hello!

I am trying to call the GetXaml() method on the reader, but I get a message telling me this method is only available in the Pro version.

I am sure I purchased the Pro version. And I am probably doing something stupid where you go "dang... this guy didn't read the manual". But try as I might, I didn't find how to solve this problem. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Markus
I have checked your license key and it is correct.

I have also seen that before purchasing ReaderSvg Pro license, you have bought ViewerSvg license. Both licenses have the same installer and also install the same files, but different license keys enable different functionality.

I assume that you are still using the ViewerSvg license key. To install a new license key you will need to uninstall the product and than install it again with a ReaderSvg Pro license key.
Andrej Benedik
OK, I will give that a try. Thanks for your quick response.
How does this work exactly, actually? If I have a project with 20 devs people, and a minor feature one dev is working is SVG import, do I need 20 developer licenses with each of them having the tool installed?
(08-14-2010, 09:17 PM)abenedik Wrote: I assume that you are still using the ViewerSvg license key. To install a new license key you will need to uninstall the product and than install it again with a ReaderSvg Pro license key.

Hm, no, that didn't do anything. However, I noticed that I only have an uninstall for ReaderSvg, but not for ViewerSvg. So maybe the old key still is preserved through the process somehow?

Thanks
Markus
The products from wpf-graphics.com are licensed on per-developer basis.

This means that each developer who uses the products must obtain a license. With this license, the developer can install on a primary machine and a portable/laptop. The build server does not require its own license.

In practice each computer where the project that reference ReaderSvg (or some other our product) is compiled will need to have the product installed. Without a valid license installed on the computer the project will not build.

In your case you will need to install ReaderSvg on each computer that is compiling project that references ReaderSvg. But if only one developer is developing code with ReaderSvg than you need only one single developer license.

If more than one developer is using the library, you need more licensed. In this case it is usually best to purchasing team or site license.
Andrej Benedik
OK, thanks.

I am unfortunately still stuck with not being able to call GetXaml(), even after I reinstalled :-(
OK, seems like another reinstall (with reboot in between) did the trick.
I'm evaluating ReaderSvg. What I need to deploy an application that use the library?

You cannot deploy your application that is using an evaluation version of Ab2d.ReaderSvg. You need to have the evaluation version installed on the system to use it.

You you can deploy the commercial version of the library. The instructions on how to do that can be read in a help file that comes with the commercial version (different version that is available after the purchase).
Andrej Benedik